Project-Baby.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
This Policy is a legally binding agreement between you (“User”, “you” or “your”) and this Website operator (“Operator”, “we”, “us” or “our”). If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a business or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to this agreement, in which case the terms “User”, “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with the terms of this agreement, you must not accept this agreement and may not access and use the Website and Services. By accessing and using the Website and Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations that is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 18 years of age.
We/us/our (either capitalized or not) – Project-Baby.com
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited by a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – You have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for the Processing of your Personal Data.
Exercising your rights:
In order to exercise one of the rights mentioned above please contact us directly at [email protected].
Specifically in regards to the “Right of erasure” and the “Right of access” you can, at any time, take action by yourself here: Privacy Tools.
Why we collect your personal information:
- To run and operate our site.
- To display content on the site correctly.
- To personalize your user experience.
- To improve our site.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other site feature.
- To send information to you that you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic emails, which may include electronic newsletters and/or autoresponder series of emails.
- To respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
We will never collect personally identifiable information without your knowledge and consent. When you provide personal information to us, we make you a promise that the information will be used only for the reason you’ve shared it.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, etc – mainly information that is necessary to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
Information automatically collected about you
When you open the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type, and version, operating system type and version, language preferences or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Website and Services, pages of the Website and Services that you visit, the time spent on those pages, the information you search for on the Website, access times and dates, and other statistics. This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. Information collected automatically is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding the usage and traffic of the Website and Services. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular User of the system. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example posting comments to our blog posts, providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience.
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers.
- for other purposes, we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligations rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguards for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Dreamhost – Hosting company
Our business partners:
Connected third parties:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe:
- We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS).
- We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable.
- We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
- We maintain up-to-date software and safeguards.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify relevant authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Personally and non-personally identifiable information collected by us is stored on our host’s servers. That host is Dreamhost, and they are located at PMB #257, 417 Associated Road, Brea, CA 92821, USA.
Their servers are located in:
- Ashburn, Virginia (US-East)
- Portland, Oregon (US-West)
This Website is intended for use by a general audience and does not offer services to children.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website and Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through the Website and Services, please contact us to request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our Services.
We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Website and Services without their permission. We also ask that all parents and legal guardians overseeing the care of children take the necessary precautions to ensure that their children are instructed to never give out Personal Information when online without their permission.
Should a child whom we know to be under 18 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond to that child to inform him or her that they cannot use this Website.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
We don’t plan to and we have not sold any personal information in the previous 12 months.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – used to provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- (Currently not in use) Advertising cookies – used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track (DNT)
Do Not Track is a preference that can be set on some browsers to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can either enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your browser (implying your browser has the feature).
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, cookies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
However, Project-Baby.com will never promote or display links to suspicious or potentially dangerous websites.
Affiliate Products and Services
Since all the content on Project-Baby.com is 100% free, throughout the pages and posts of this website, you will encounter affiliate links to products and services that we recommend as an affiliate.
When you click on these links and if you decide to make a purchase, we might receive a commission (at no extra cost for you) and this is how we are compensated for the time, money, and energy that goes into researching, writing, and publishing content about the best baby products that exist in the world.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
The following person is accountable and responsible for our privacy practices and procedures:
Cristian Cotoia – Owner of Project-Baby.com
E-mail: [email protected]
The last modification was made on September 16, 2022